We regularly write about research and case studies to share insights and examples of promising initiatives.
Vanessa has co-authored, and contributed to, several international publications. We offer a sampling below.
Strong Performers, Successful Reformers: Lessons from PISA for the United States
OECD, 2011. (Contributor)
Working Out Change: Systemic Innovation in Vocational Education and Training
OECD, 2009. (Co-author)
Our guest contributions have been featured in, and highlighted by, leading organizations, such as: Education Week’s Global Learning blog, the National Association of State Directors of Career and Technical Education consortium’s (NASDCTEc) Learning that Works blog, Asia Society, the Global Partnership for Education, ASCD, and the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. We offer a recent selection below.
- “First Lady Urges Global Educators to Help Let Girls Learn” Education Week: Global Learning, December 3, 2015
- “Results are in: Common Core Brings 21st Century Concerns to the Fore” Education Week: Global Learning, October 22, 2015
- “Education in Vietnam: Strengths, Challenges, and Opportunities” Asia Society Global Cities Education Network, September 2015
- “Career and Technical Education Gets an Upgrade: Case Studies From Around the World” Education Week: Global Learning, September 17, 2015
- “Teaching Global Competence: Lessons and Strategies from Hong Kong” Education Week: Global Learning, August 25, 2015
- “Learning From and With Vietnam’s Schools” Education Week: Global Learning, July 27, 2015
- “CTE and STEM Education: Two Sides of the Same Vital Coin” Education Week: Global Learning, June 17, 2015
- “21st Century Skills: Case Studies from Asia” Education Week: Global Learning, April 10, 2015
- “Harnessing Student Diversity to Foster Global Awareness” Education Week: Global Learning, January 21, 2015
Ideas and Practice
Thoughts and lessons from our global engagements